Upload a profile photo!

Upload a profile photo!

Forums The Cloud Forum Upload a profile photo!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Got a blank profile photo next to your name when you are logged into the Society? Why not upload your own profile photo, or ‘avatar’? Here’s how:

1) Go to the My Account page. If you are not already logged in, you will need to do so using your registered email address and password. (If you can’t remember your password, you can always use the password-reset page.)

2) Select ‘Account Details’ from the column of options.

3) In the ‘Avatar’ section at the bottom, use the Edit icon – EditIcon – to open up a window for creating your profile image.

4) You can upload and crop an image. In some browsers, you can even use your computer or device camera to take a picture. Then hit the tick button to save your new profile image.

This new system means that some of the avatars that users uploaded in the past have to be redone. Sorry for the hassle, but this should be a better system going forward.

Philip Connolly avatarPhilip Connolly
      Participant

Tried to drag jpg from Desktop – no avail.  Is there a maximum size restriction perhaps?  Or maybe it’s a Mac thing?

Philip,

Rather than dragging the image, can you instead try clicking the upload window and using the dialogue box to select the image you want to upload? There should not be any problem with a Mac. It is more likely to be to do with the browser not supporting the drag and drop functionality. Let us know how you get on. Many thanks!

John Watts avatarJohn Watts
      Participant

The Avatar picture is there, but the profile remains ‘blank’.    How to make the transfer?

John, thanks for pointing this out. There is a bit of a issue at the moment with showing the user avatars. Our developer knows about this and is working on fixing it. Since you have successfully uploaded your avatar, it will show once the bug has been fixed!

DAVID DOWNS avatarDAVID DOWNS
      Participant

Finally managed to change my avatar (profile photo), but cannot change my display name.  Any suggestions?

Dear ‘Shiprock45’,
        We can do this for you if you would like to email us at membership@cloudappreciationsociety.org. You should, however, be able to change your display name yourself as follows:

• Make sure you are logged in to the website
        • Go to the My Account page (accessible from the profile icon in the top right of the page
        • Select the ‘My CAS Profile’ link
        • Select the ‘Edit’ option
        • While you can’t change your membership name, you should be able to select a display name

I hope this helps, but do email us if you have difficulties!

Liangjun Ling avatarLiangjun Ling
      Participant

Quite satisfied with my profile photo,thank you Gavin!

Ling

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.