Oh covfefe, a roarie-bummler

Oh covfefe, a roarie-bummler

Forums The Cloud Forum Oh covfefe, a roarie-bummler

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Howard Brown avatarHoward Brown
      Participant

DSC_0001

I had been watching Cu like this all morning (my photo does not give due credit to the dynamic detail of these beauties). My plan was to mow the lawns before the forecast afternoon showers, possibly with thunder. I had just rolled out the 20m extension cord to gun up my electric mower (I have to push it) around high noon when there was a gruff rumble from the sky and raindrops began to fall.

I am half Welsh so perhaps it was Welsh hwyl (sic) which prompted the topic title in Trump-speak and Scots. You don’t mix rain and electrics so there was a lengthy pause before I got the front mown. Similarly at the back – gruff rumble, pause, but job done by about 1330 hours for two small lawns. Then back to more Cu beauties.

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Hygge, I had to google it, but learned a new expression, roarie-bummler.

I was watching Cu’s too yesterday. They were not bummlers, too windy. They were changing all the time. I hope you can watch this short video. (I remember you saying it’s broken on your computer. Maybe it’s fixed by now.)

George Preoteasa avatarGeorge Preoteasa
      Participant

Actually, I was watching a Cb two days ago. I went out to the edge of the water to get a good view. It was not a really big Cb, but it had a huge canopy, blown by the wind way back over my head.Bummler1

Participant

George, to be honest I did not know the term before 31MAY2017

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/call-to-bring-natures-rare-words-out-of-hibernation-jgb5mt0cn

The advantage of having a daily paper delivered to your home is you sometimes catch such things. Their list included Petrichor (was it Keelin who brought it to the Forum recently from Ca).

I rather like Neptunes-uouue Sea mist. I wonder how you pronounce that.

Agreed, lovely canopy.

Participant

‘France’ calendar

I was given this (but did buy the CAS calendar). For August it says

‘Pluie et tonnerre d’aout, promettent huile et vin partout’

I think it is taking me to task for this topic – how else do you get the good things in life.

P.S.  The CAS picture shows Cu nim with pileus

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.